Sure, scammers most likely launch a few dozen new websites every single day. Thus, closing down five per week doesn’t sound too impressive, but it’s a start. Like every week, the Italian regulator Consob announced the blackout of five new websites of illegally operating financial services providers. Consob is the only EU regulator to take this effective measure. It would be desirable if more member states would create a legal basis for blocking illegal or fraudulent websites.
Below are the sites Consob has ordered to be blacked out:
- AtlasFX and its website http://www.atlasfx.co;
- S.P. Inc and its website http://www.quantumfx.eu and bbgroupfx.site;
- Digital Exchange Limited and Securex Plus Solution EOOD and its website http://www.dgxlimited.io;
- Think Market 247 Ltd and RL Ltd and its website http://www.thinkmarket247.net;
- Finlay and its website http://www.finlay.world and http://www.finlay.live;
The number of sites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order that the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries are blacked out, has risen to 457.